Steico Therm - Wood Fibre Insulation Board
Please note, all prices are subject to Vat
Steico Therm is a rigid thermal insulation board made from sustainably sourced natural wood fibres for application in roof, wall and floor systems.
Steico Therm woodfibre insulation board is available in the following options:
|Thickness mm||Dimensions mm||Weight per sheet Kgs
||Maximum sheets @ Pallet|
|20||1350 x 600||3.00||184|
|40||1350 x 600||5.50||92|
|60||1350 x 600||8.50||62|
|80||1350 x 600||11.00||46|
|100||1350 x 600||14.00||36|
80 & 100mm are available in limited quantities. Please contact us on 0845 603 5688 and ask about availability of these sizes.
Steico Therm is an square edged wood fiber board that has many uses in eco friendly homes. Predominantly sold by Ecomerchant for internal wall insulation, it is can also be used to infil between rafters and joists. We have also had customers scribe the board to fit between odd shaped supporting up-rights of barn conversion and old timber timber framed houses to help with insulating the properties. Whilst this board will not give an exceptional upgrade to thermal properties, adding a 20mm thick board to a 225mm solid wall would give an approximate 25% increase in thermal capacity.
This insulation material is water vapour open, which means that water moisture can pass through it without hinderance. If you have a house built with lime mortar, this can be a critical factor in deciding which insulating materials you need to use to insulate your house. With most houses built before 1920, builders relied on the heat within the house to force any excess moisture to the outside. Lime is breathable so the moisture would breath out through the walls. If you apply something like polystyrene to the inside wall of this type of house, then moisture could become trapped and start causing the likes of mold and mildew. By correctly seting this eco friendly board to a wall built with lime morter and plastered with Lime Green plaster, the structure can continue to breath as it should and you will get a up-grade to the thermal performance of your house.
- - Steico Therm has high compression strength
- - Steico Therm has high heat protection during summer months (absorbs heat from the sun and give it off when it gets cooler)
- - Steico Therm has excellent insulation qualities
- - Steico Therm is water vapour open
- - Steico Therm helps to regulate the indoor climate
- - Steico Therm is an eco friendly insualtion board
- - Steico Therm rigid insulation board is recyclable
- - Steico Therm is an accredited heat insulation material
- - Wood fibre insulation board produced in accordance with EN 13171 with ongoing quality supervision
- - The wood comes solely from sustainably cultivated forest
Not sure if this is the right product for you? What to talk about it? Please do not hesitate to contact our team on 0845 603 5688 or email your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org