A durable, green building solution, interlocking wall units are manufactured from recycled wood fibre bonded with proprietary cement and offer faster build times. Units are simply dry-stacked then filled with concrete to create solid walls with excellent thermal and sound insulation.
Simple Enviromentally Freindly Construction:
The systems provides a cost effective solution to many commercial, residential, industrial and agricultural building designs, with the added environmental bonus that the block formers are made from recycled wood.
Builders choose these blocks because of the ease with which walls can be constructed. The material is light-weight (no block exceeds 14kg), easily cut, nailed and screwed. The unique free-draining material allows the use of high slump concrete in the field that makes for easier and faster concrete pouring that ensures a solid wall without any compromise in strength. Ideally, concrete with a slump between 180mm and 220mm is recommended for use in conjunction.
Helps you save on Build Costs:
- - Interlocking modular units that are dry-stacked (without mortar)
- - Bricklaying skills are not required
- - Provides exceptional insulation with effective thermal performance values that are more than twice that of conventional walls – with no thermal bridging
- - Benefits of thermal mass as majority of the insulation is located on the exterior of the concrete core
- - Light-weight (no block exceeds 14kg), easily cut, nailed and screwed with simple carpentry tools
- - Use of high-slump concrete makes for easier and faster concrete pouring
- - Thermal mass and low U values makes effective use of low energy heating systems
- - Interior and exterior finishes are applied directly to the walling units
- - All wall form units available as corner and face/lintel forms
- - Specialist units available for a variety of applications.
- U value: The Durisol interlocking wall units can achieve a standard U value as low as 0.19 W/(m2K)
- Relative humidity (Rh): Hygroscopic nature of the material moderates relative humidity levels (65% RH maximum)
- Wall (Stc): Sound Transmission Coefficient (STC) ratings can range between 54 & 72
- Noise (nRc) ratings: Noise Reduction Coefficients (NRC) ratings as high as 0.95 (95% of the sound that reaches the
- Durisol material is absorbed)
- Fire Rating: F90
Built on Sustainability:
Durisol is a proprietary cement-bonded, specially graded recycled waste wood (100% clean, natural softwood) concrete product. Low energy manufacture, Exceptional thermal and acoustic performance, very durable, does not rot or decay, vermin, wood boring insect proof and does not support fungal or bacterial growth and environmentally safe, virtually inert and fully recyclable.