About Ecomerchant Instant Green Roof
Ecomerchant Instant Green Roof is a modular extensive green roof system in which 6–8 sedum species are pre-cultivated on a special substrate. This substrate is set in a patented drainage and reservoir tray made from rebounded foam. Suitable for roof inclinations of 0–15°, the Ecomerchant Instant Green Roof system is used to extend living spaces, extend the lifespan of roofs, and develop new habitats for fauna.
Ecomerchant Instant Green Roof systems are based on a polyurethane foam, which provides UV protection and additional thermal insulation, and is water permeable and water retentive. It is also root-permeable, which means that individual trays grow together positively in a short period of time.
- Dimensions of tray: 0.5 x 0.6m x 58mm deep.
- Delivered weight: 12–13.5kg (40–45kg/m2).
- Saturated weight: 23kg (77kg/m²). Unsaturated weight 13.6Kg (45Kg /m2)
Ecomerchant Instant Green Roof is easy and quick to install. It can be laid at a rate of 60m2/h compared to 10m2/h for conventional systems. The pre-cultivated trays are manageable at height and can easily be cut to size.
- Attractive The mix of sedums ensures year round interest
- Easy & quick to install Installation of 60 m2/hr compared to 10 m2/hr for conventional systems. The pre-cultivated trays are manageable at height and can be cut to size as required.
- Encourages diverse eco systems
- Extends roofs life span The combination of materials of the system provides U.V protection and additional thermal insulation.
- Creates new habitat for fauna
- Use on roof inclinations of 0-15 degrees
- Modular system Due to the root-permeable polyurethane composite foam the individual trays positively grow together within a short period of time.
- Free draining The patented foam absorbs and attenuates (stores) water and allows for continuous free drainage over time.
How to install Ecomerchant Instant Green Roof
Ecomerchant recommend EPDM* as both waterproofing and root barrier to cover the roof surface which can be loose laid, the membrane will need contact adhesive** to bond to the perimeter edges (or up stand) simply lay the pre planted trays directly onto the membrane flush and without gaps. Trays can easily be cut to size.
A margin of 250mm of coarse gravel can be left if required.
*Ecomerchant Supply Hertalan 1.2mm EPDM Membrane
** Ecomerchant Supply KS137 Contact adhesive for perimeters and upstands