Optime Airtight Downlight Housing
Airtight Flush Mounted Housing for Downlights
Airtightness best practice dictates that surface penetration of the external envelope should be minimised. Downlights present particular challenges for airtight design and continuity of the insulation layer. However, if downlights are present there is a robust solution in the Optime downlight housing units.
Designed as an innovative one stop solution for achieving a safe, easy to install sealing system for downlights. Optime Downlight housing boxes are offered as Mini and Maxi housing. The Optime Maxi will accommodate a transformer, the Mini is suitable only to house the downlight. Downlight protector Mini is designed to suit all types of roofs and ceilings as it is very suitable in narrow places. Optime Downlight boxes significantly reduce the carbon footprint of buildings which incorporate downlights as well as improving comfort and minimising problems associated with condensation.
While the Optime Downlight housing is made from a non-flammable material, Optime Downlight is not fire rated and should not be relied upon as a fire barrier, this is determined by the fixing between the downlight and the plaster board lining.
- The Mini is especially made for narrow spacings - 200mm x 200mm x 140mm.
- The Maxi is made for normal spacings - 320mm x 320mm x 160mm
- Simple to install, you will need Pro Clima Tescon Vana tape.
- Can be used for most conventional timber ceilings.
- Ensures an effective moisture barrier is maintained.
- Cover is simple to fit and requires no additional tools.
- For energy conservation we recommend low energy light fittings, however, the housing is suitable for downlights up to 50W.
- Inflammable – will tolerate high temperatures, but not fire rated
- Recognised by Nemko.
- Made from recyclable material.
It is essential that light fittings are installed as per the Optime fitting manual, please see data sheet for guidance.
The tranformer is NOT to be placed within the Downlight protector Mini, since the size of the box causes too high a temperature for the transformer, the transformer should either be mounted externally or by using the Downlight Protector Maxi.
Downlight protector Maxi is also available with a flexible mounting as illustrated above.
Optime Mini size: 200 x 200 x 140
Optime Maxi size: 320 x 320 x 160