Sunsystem Select is distinguished by its highly selective sapphire-blue colored coating 'eta plus' which is a ceramic-metal compound applied on copper base. Due to its excellent absorbance rate of 95% and the minimal thermal emission of as much as 5% the SUNSYSTEM Select family is the best choice for a year-round solar thermal system.
- The aluminum casing is designed to withstand the rough conditions of the outdoor environment and ensures long life of the product. The frame design provides for easy fixation and multiple mounting possibilities. It has aesthetic appearance and comes colored alternatively in RAL 9006 or RAL 9005.
- Rock wool insulation with excellent heat insulating capabilities keeps thermal loss at minimum even in harsh climate conditions.
- The absorber is made of coated copper elements to transfer the heat from the sun into the heat-carrier. The absorber coating type differs between the Standard and Select models:
- The harp type absorber construction ensures low hydraulic resistance and economic energy consumption. Each unit is tested for liquid-tightness.
- Protective solar glass Durasolar® P+ Due to its prismatic pattern it captures even the indirect sun rays and directs them straight onto the absorber. It lets the sun rays in and restricts their reflection out of the collector. Being a low-iron glass (FeO ≤ 0.02 %) it has higher energy transmission rate than regular glass, with a solar energy transmission value Tsol=90.7%. Durasolar® P+ is heat-tempered to withstand the strains of the open environment such as wind, snow and hail.
- UV resistant silicon seal. Specially designed meander-profile sealing ensures tight fitting of the glass pane to the aluminum framework. Made of durable solar grade silicon.