Baumit Premium Primer, ready-to-use, performance primer for all synthetic and mineral decorative finishes
Ready-to-use, waterborne quartz-filled primer for all synthetic and mineral decorative finishes. Pre-treatment as a means of absorption compensation and as a bonding agent for subsequent coating with mineral-based or synthetic decorative renders. High covering power.
Reduces and equalizes substrate suction to improve the curing and strength development of subsequent coatings as well as colour uniformity.
High pigment concentration produces a coloured equalisation of the substrate. Improves adhesion to substrates and enhances the hydrophobic qualities of the background.
It is suitable for application on to contact mortars, lime and cement based plasters/renders, concrete and well adhered mineral, silicate and masonry paints.
Does not inhibit water vapour diffusion through the substrate. Free from solvents.
Can be used internally and externally
Yield: 5Kg between 12 and 25m2 and 25Kg between 62 and 125m2 depending on the absorbency and texture of the surface.
Consumption kg/m2 : 0.2 – 0.25
Price is per bucket
Baumit PremiumPrimer is:-
- used to reduce and equalise suction of substrates.
- used to equalise the colour of the substrate.
- used to enhance the water repellence of substrates without reducing vapour permeability.
- for improving adhesion and enabling bonding to a wide range of substrates.
Substrates must be sound, clean, dry, free from frost, dust, and efflorescence and not hydrophobic.
- Mineral based contact mortars, lime and cement renders, concrete.
- Well bonded mineral, silicate and dispersion paints and coatings.
- Gypsum plasterboards (pre-treated with Baumit SperrGrund).
Baumit PremiumPrimer should be well mixed before use, normally with a plaster whisk, and then applied to the surface by brush or roller.
When using rollers it is often useful to add up to 5% water as this method applies the primer more thickly.
The primer should then be left for 24 hours before any further coating are applied.
This product should only be used between 5C and 30C and that humidity will affect drying times for this product.
Suitable PPE must be worn when using this product to prevent contact with eyes or skin.
Write Your Own Review
Availability: In stock