Baumit Klima RK39 Render/Plaster, Multi purpose pure lime render/plaster 35kg
It can be used as a base coat and a plain finish coat which can then receive decoration with mineral paints and as a base coat before the application of wood fibre insulation boards
Baumit RK39 is an easy to use, creamy white coloured, which is suitable for applying by hand or by machine.
- easy to use, creamy white coloured, hydraulic lime based render.
- great for all types of solid masonry, historic or modern.
- suitable as a base coat and a finishing coat.
Each 35kg bag of Baumit RK39 will cover up to 1.7m2 at 15mm thickness.
- Environmentally friendly
- Vapour open
- Moderate strength development of the lime binder produces a plaster coating free of stresses.
- A healthier alternative to gypsum or cement based products.
- Suitable for application in wet rooms.
- Resistant to impact loading.
- General purpose with multiple applications
As a plaster base coat / top coat
Baumit RK39 should be mixed with clean tap water (8-9 litres per bag) using an electric whisk to a smooth creamy consistency and applied by hand with a steel trowel.
It can also be applied by projection rendering machine.
It should be applied as a base coat at around 15mm thickness and at 5-8mm as a top coat.
Baumit StarTex mesh should be incorporated into the outer third of the base coat if the substrate is damp or made of dissimilar materials.
The base coat should be finished with a grid plane or nail float to create a suitable key for the following coat.
When used as a finish coat it can be trowel or sponge finished.
- Substrates must be sound, clean, dry, free from frost, dust efflorescence and not water repellent.
- Prepare smooth concrete or very low suction surfaces with a suitable Baumit contact mortar
- Prepare mixed masonry substrates and natural stone with a spatter / stipple coat.
- High suction substrates should be dampened with water using a mist sprayer. Do not saturate aircrete substrates.
- Preparation and levelling coatings must be fully cured, well keyed and compatible with the plaster system.
- Refer to Baumit technical support for further advice regarding substrate preparation.
As a basecoat render:
The render is applied onto the substrate to the required thickness in one or two passes (fresh-in-fresh) depending on the degree of suction from the substrate and ruled off with a straight edge, filling in undulations to produce a flat and even render layer.
On hardening the surface is consolidated with a wooden/plastic float or scraped with a grid float in tight circular motions in preparation for Baumit decorative topcoat renders. The surface may also be finished with a sponge float for receiving a topcoat of Baumit Kliima RK 39 (3 mm thick) or Baumit Klima Glätt (lime skim finishing plaster). The drying times (1 day/mm thickness) must be observed.
A maximum render thickness of 20 mm may be applied in a single application. Where necessary, greater thicknesses must be built up in multiple coats of at least 10 mm in thickness. Upon setting the surface of each additional coat is horizontally keyed with a plasterers comb to receive the following coat. Drying times between each coat (1 day/mm thickness) must be observed.
As a topcoat render:
Baumit Klima RK 39 is applied on to the basecoat and smoothed out flat with a trowel or spatula to a thickness of 3 mm. Shortly afterwards the surface is lightly rubbed over with a fine sponge float in tight circular motions to produce a fine, plain finish. A paint finish is required for this topcoat render
The Baumit decorative topcoat renders are also suitable for application onto Baumit Klima RK 39.
Refer to the relevant Product Data Sheets.
An additional reinforcement coat of Baumit contact mortar with embedded Baumit StarTex reinforcing mesh to a thickness of 3 - 5 mm applied over the cured Baumit Klima RK 39 basecoat render is recommended in the following circumstances:
- The substrate is comprised of mixed masonry or wood wool boards.
- The render system will be exposed to severe or very severe weather conditions.
Write Your Own Review
Availability: In stock