Bentotex 50 Geosynthetic Clay Liner - for ponds, lakes, swales etc.
Not available to buy online due to roll size, so call us for a delivery quote and to buy.
When you need an impermeable liner for Ponds, Lakes, Wetlands, Containment lagoons or Canals Bentotex Geosynthetic Clay Liner provides the ideal solution:
• Self-sealing – the clay liner expands around the puncture.
• Quick to install - no welding or tapes.
• No specialist knowledge needed for installation.
• provides better hydraulic performance than a metre of compacted clay.
A reinforced needle punched geosynthetic clay liner (GCL) consisting of naturally occurring sodium bentonite clay held in a sandwich between a non-woven and a woven geotextile. The geotextiles are then needle punched together through the intermediate bentonite layer, securing it in place and reinforcing the otherwise weak layer of clay. When fully hydrated at an average thickness of 10 mm, Bentotex 50 provides the same permeability as a full metre of compacted clay allowing the product to withstand shear stresses much better than other unreinforced GCL’s.
Material: Polypropylene geotextile. Bentonite core.
Thickness: 6 mm.
Roll size (w x l): 2.5 x 40 m.
Roll weight (kg): 2.5 x 40m = 610Kg - 5 x 40m = 1220kg
On-site mechanical offload and handling equipment must be provided for the application of this product.
Used as an impermeable lining material and as a fluid or containment barrier. When hydrated it provides better hydraulic performance than a metre of compacted clay. Differential settlement is accommodated by the high plasticity and self-sealing properties of sodium bentonite. Natural environmental stresses such as freeze/thaw and desiccation/rewetting cycles have no effect on the performance of Bentotex GCL.
Bentotex GCL is an extremely cost-effective and robust solution which requires no additional materials (i.e. a protection fleece or geotextile) or specialist installation by qualified welding contractors it becomes a practical and economical alternative to a traditional man-made liner or a compacted clay layer.
- CE marked.
- Excellent climatic resistance.
- Excellent slope stability characteristics.
- Fast and easy to install.
- High chemical resistance.
- Highly competitive installed cost.
- The lowest flux of all available GCLs.
- Resistance to differential settlement.
- Self-sealing if punctured.
- Landfill lining and capping.
- Liquid containment.
- Mining applications.
- Quarry settlement and dewatering points.
- Spill or secondary containment.
- Watercourse liners.
Usage notes: See installation instructions download
- Lengthways joints: Betotex incorporates a joining seam along the whole length of the roll and is simply overlapped over the adjacent piece.
- Horizontal joints require a 300mm overlap and the addition of bentonite granules. Sufficient granules will be added to your order.
- Maximum slope angle permitted for use is 18o or 3:1
- Installed liner MUST be covered with a minimum surcharge of 300m subsoil
Standard product features
- Material: Polypropylene geotextile. Bentonite core.
- Thickness: 6 mm.
- Colour: Grey.
- Roll size (w x l): 2.5m x 40m & 5m x 40 m.
- Roll weight (kg): 610Kg & 1220Kg
- Bentonite swell index (to ASTM D5890): 27 ml/2g (minimum).
- Static puncture resistance (to BS EN ISO 102236): 1800 N.
- Tensile strength (to BS EN ISO 10319): 10 kN/m.
Also designed to prevent water and gas ingress in below-ground structures.
Write Your Own Review
Availability: In stock