Ecomerchant Jute Ground Stabilisation Netting 500
A low cost general purpose 100% natural fibre erosion control net that ensures long term surface stability on problem slopes and banks, . Ecomerchant Jute Netting 500 offers a high degree of soil retention, before biodegrading completely to add to the organic content of the soil after sufficient time has passed for natural vegetation to establish and protect the soil from future erosion.
Ecomerchant Jute 500 has an anticipated decomposition longevity of between 12 to 24months
Ecomerchant Jute 500 has more fibres per square metre than Ecomerchant Jute 250 and a larger mesh aperture
- Slows water run-off and provides excellent silt collection which aids natural vegetation and long term embankment regeneration.
- Simple to install and allows for planting through the mesh matrix.
- Ideal for establishing grass or direct sowing on problem slopes
- Provides shade and protection from the sun and drying effect of the winds to assist in the establishment of grasses and to reinforce the root system until it has reached full bio-mass.
Ecomerchant Jute netting is best suited for the following applications
- Slopes under 30 degrees
- Freshly cut or cleared slopes and banks
- Where fast establishment is planned such as grasses or mixed planting
- Any slope with good topsoil cover i.e. > 100mm
- General landscaping to enhance sopil retention and prevent erosion
Available as complete rolls 1.22m x 68.5m covers 84m2
Mesh aperture 15mm x 22mm
All prices are inclusive of carriage (see 'more info' for exceptions)
Price is per roll
Ecomerchant Jute Netting is a 100% natural fibre netting that ensures long term surface stability on steep problem areas, exposed sites and water courses at a low cost. Ecomerchant Jute Netting 500 offers a high degree of soil retention, before biodegrading completely to add to the organic content of the soil after sufficient time has passed for natural vegetation to establish and protect the soil from future erosion.
Ecomerchant Jute Netting comes in two weights: 250g/m2 and 500g/m2
Each roll covers more than 80m2 and weighs 20kg for the Ecomerchant Jute Netting 250 and 40kg for the 500. Compared to folded and compressed bales of this product which weigh typically more than 300kg, it is clear that our rolls are far better suited to manual lifting and handling.
Rolls can be lifted and maneuvered with a minimum of manpower and without the need for mechanical lifting aids.
Our rolls are easy to install by simply unrolling down the slope, without any need for unfolding, also avoiding potential snagging and tangling.
Being Ecomerchant Jute Netting is easier to handle, it makes the product easier and quicker to lay and makes a more efficient use of manpower.
Fixing pins should be used at a minimum of 1 fixing per m2.This item is delivered with free carriage
Our thanks to Lucy Conochie for sending us the pictures of installed netting; Lucy is an experienced professional gardener she used our Ecomerchant Jute 500 netting to stabilise an exposed bank in a garden in Cornwall, we look forward to next year’s pictures when the planting is established. Lucy, like many other designers are keen to use sustainable and natural means to solve garden design problems, you can see more of what Lucy does on her web site http://lucyconochiedesign.com/
The techie bit:
Each year Jute crops are sustainably managed and from seeding to harvest, one hectare absorbs as much as 15 tonnes of CO2. Because Ecomerchant Jute Netting is made of 100% jute, the CO2 footprint of a project can be reduced by more than 3kg CO2 for every m2 installed
Even the fixing pins are made from recycled products and will completely biodegrade over time
Write Your Own Review
Availability: In stock
- Buy 2 for £116.00 each and save 22%
- Buy 5 for £105.00 each and save 29%
- Buy 11 for £95.00 each and save 36%
- Buy 21 for £81.00 each and save 45%
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Regular Price: £251.25
Special Price £196.99