We stock a large and complete range of natural insulation products for almost every conceivable application, in-ground, walls, floors, ceilings, roofs, external and internal systems plus a wide range of acoustic products. Browse the categories below to see the products where you will find plenty of information on pricing, delivery, application and use, technical data sheets, installation guidance and more..... any questions please call.
Natural - healthy - ethical. The case for Natural insulation
The Ecomerchant vision is to lead the move to low carbon living through sustainable construction, energy efficiency, and the elimination of waste and pollution to reduce our environmental impact. We will deliver change in a straightforward understandable way, to sponsor a permanent long-term behavioural shift in our attitude to how we live.
What kind of Insulation you use contributes to meeting this vision in two broad ways, first what it is made of – does it impact on the environment or your health in a negative way and secondly does it reduce or eliminate the need for fossil-based fuels to heat.
The UK home insulation market alone is huge worth over £800 million of this a staggeringly small amount is made up of natural insulation products– probably less than 1%.
Figures are hard to come by but there is one common factor across the market, natural insulation products are growing their market share. For a while, the manufacturers of synthetic insulation focused on embodied energy as their meter for comparison but the overall benefits of natural insulation products cannot be ignored. Most of the market growth is driven by customers wanting healthier products that function on a number of levels and compliment the higher performance levels that are being designed into modern buildings and into refurbishing existing properties. Terms such as breathable and airtight have created awareness that natural products have multiple and consequential benefits plus they do not degrade or pollute the environment.
Our commitment to you is to only sell natural insulation products.
How we can save you money We are the only supplier of Steico insulation products to sell by the individual board or pack meaning we can keep unnecessary waste to a minimum. All our Steico products are priced individually by the board or pack (for Flex), buying online couldn't be easier, just one click and the goods are on their way, just when you need them and no need to waste or store any surplus.
Why choose natural insulation? below some of the main benefits which go far beyond just keeping the heat in.
- When used appropriately, natural fibre insulation materials can deliver thermal and acoustic insulation comparable to other insulation materials
- They have a lower or potentially negative carbon footprint
- Fewer health issues during installation they do not present a problem for eyes skin or respiratory system.
- Low to zero toxins, easy to reuse and give significant health benefits throughout the lifecycle
- Offers some thermal mass
- They can also assist in regulating relative humidity, and can provide a vapour permeable system when used as part of a vapour permeable system they can reduce the risk of moisture build-up and consequent moulds and bacterial activity which can be injurious to health
- Natural fibre insulation materials are also comparatively more robust in handling than synthetic products.
- Natural fibre insulation off-cuts do not require specialist waste streams and typically can be composted so avoid unnecessary landfill.
- Natural fibre insulation tends to have very good hygroscopic qualities but variable capillary qualities, and are all vapour-open. Vapour permeable systems are particularly useful where the building is vulnerable to moisture decay this would be the case for timber frame, timber roofs, lightweight steel construction and older buildings often made from traditional materials.
How we help you
Every home and every installation will be different but the methodology for calculating how much insulation how it will perform and what type you need is a well-trodden path for our experts. If you are unsure or need a hand figuring out what you want, just call us and ask for help. This is what we do day in day out. Our manufacturer partners and our team will always be able to help you to work out what is the best available option for your particular job.
If you know what you need then why not buy online you can shop when you want, all our products are delivered directly to you from stock.
If you need help please call and ask, we are here to help just call 01793 847 444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do the work for you.