Intumescent Mastic 310ml Cartridge (White)
A one part intumescent acrylic mastic for sealing gaps around fire doors, window frames and for sealing joints, voids and irregular holes in fire rated structures. The sealant forms a char, preventing the passage of fire and smoke, when exposed to the heat of a fire.
- Maintains fire integrity when sealing around pipes and cables that penetrate walls.
- Tested in Block Wall, Concrete, Masonry and Plasterboard Partition.
- Tested in Concrete Floors.
- Tested in Linear Joints up to 50mm wide.
- Tested in large service openings up to 490 x 150mm.
- Tested for sealing of linear joints in concrete floors, masonry walls and plasterboard including head of wall details.
- Tested around metallic pipes, cable trays, cable bunches, small, medium and large cables.
- Sealant remains highly flexible after installation
- In normal use the mastic will maintain the sound reduction index of a structure.
The mastic has been independently tested in accordance with BS476 and EN requirements. It can provide up to 300 mins of fire resistance depending on depth/width and volumetric area
It has good unprimed adhesion to a wide variety of common building substrates.
Available in White, Brown or grey
Price is per 310ml cartridge
Do not apply mastic if ambient temperature is below 5 ° Celsius.
All surfaces should be clean , dry and free from frost, grease and any other contamination. It should not be used on substrates that bleed oils, plasticisers or solvents.
Minimum depth of seal should be at least 6mm. Gaps over 10mm width, insert a backing foam using a minimum of 24Kg/M2 density of polyethylene foam, fire retardant PU or mineral fibre board of 140Kg/M2 density. Apply mastic within gap so that the gap to depth ratio is the same.
Masking tape should be used where protection to substrate is important, this should be removed immediately after tooling off, (ensure that air bubbles are excluded and that an acceptable surface finish is obtained.
Where ever possible use a suitable backing material to ensure the correct depth of material has been applied
See the installation guide, COSHH sheet and data sheet in the downloads section.
Write Your Own Review
Availability: In stock