Silic8 MF2 Ready to Use Filler for fine filling of cracks, skimming and resurfacing plaster 5 Litres
Silic8 MF2 is a vapour open, premixed mineral filler and light-duty adhesive typically used for fine filling of cracks, skimming and resurfacing of slight blemishes on lime plasters and similar backgrounds and for relocating thin sections of detached plaster.
Use Silic8 MF2 on mineral substrates, historic plaster, stone, brick etc.
Once dry Silic8 MF2 can be sanded to an ultra-fine finish
Silic8 MF2 is highly breathable and ready to use, ideal for decorators and DIY-ers.
Price is per tin
Silic8 MF2 is a vapour open lightweight mineral-based filler specially designed to deal with cracks, surface blemishes as an adhesive for thin or smaller repairs and to create a fine smooth topcoat on gritty or problematic historic plaster. It can fill hairline cracks or patches while remaining vapour open.
The Silic8 range is the only range on the market to be independently tested for vapour diffusion to reassure you that water vapour is not trapped in the fabric of your building.
The Silic8 range is unique. Unlike most, Silic8 products don't rely on acrylics or resins to make them stick and bind to the wall. Instead, Silic8 uses Water Glass, an extraordinary liquid that is completely mineral, just like lime.
And just like lime, Silic8 products are very breathable, very durable and completely incombustible. Those aren’t the only benefits though, as Silic8 primers are free from VOCs and odours for a healthier home.
All of the products are independently tested to check they are vapour open, so you can be confident you won’t find trapped damp and moisture. Silic8 products are tested and certified as non-combustible to ISO standards, for commercial buildings and similar projects.
If you’re going to expense and trouble or re-plastering or rendering in lime, don’t use plastic primers, use Silic8 mineral primers. If you need guidance or help with application, testing bond strengths or anything else, contact one of our team of experts.
Some typical substrate types:
- Masonry backgrounds
- Magnesium silicate boards
- Historic or new plasters (lime, cement or gypsum)
- Wood, and wood type boards
- Insulation systems
- Terracotta and some ceramic tiles and paints
MF2 is water-based, has no odour and is non-combustible and vapour permeable. It is a natural mineral
and water-glass filler adhesive and free from any other co-binders such as solvents, acrylic, gypsum and
cement. MF2 Silic8 Filler can be used directly on substrates that contain silica or can be applied on non-silica
substrates where PS1 penetrating solution is used.
Use to fill defects and cracks in situations or as a light-duty adhesive to re-attach or repair plaster details,
tiles or brick etc. The filler has excellent bond strength and is easy to sand or trowel to a finish. The vapour
open characteristics are classified as Class 1 (high)
- Substrates must be clean and dry and free from any loose material prior to application.
- Test a small area for suitability with your specific materials before use*.
- Do not use in damp conditions.
- Do not use on contaminated surfaces, extreme environments or in any unusual circumstances. Do
- not store or use in extremes of temperature (<5C or above 30C).
- Protect surrounding surfaces, particularly glass.
- Store in airtight containers at room temperature. Do not store, or use in temperatures <5C or above
- Can be applied with a trowel, spatula, pallet knife or tube applicator, vary according to application.
- Allow to cure for up to 36 hours depending on temperature and applied thickness.
- Do not overfill. Fill deep areas in layers for best results, allow to completely dry between layers.
- Silic8 vapour open liquid primer penetrating solution (PS1 or PS2) is recommended prior to
- application, especially on problematic or highly absorbent surfaces.
- Allow to dry completely before further application or decoration. Drying time is 6-36 hrs depending
- on temperature, substrate and type of application. Decoration with vapour open paints such as mineral silicate paint is recommended.
- Wash splashes, tools and brushes with water.
- Dispose of all surplus material in accordance with your local regulations (EWC 06 02 99).
- Cleaned tins are 100% reusable and recyclable.
Do not store or use in extremes of temperatures (<5 or above 30C). Refer to the Safety Data Sheet before use.
Write Your Own Review
Availability: In stock